What are cookies?
Cookies are files that are stored on your device (computer, smartphone, television, tablet…) when you visit different websites. Their purpose is to allow websites to store information about visitors, for example, their browsing habits, other implementations, and in some cases, their identity.
The visitor’s browser stores cookies on their hard drive only for the duration of the session. They take up very little space and do not harm the visitor’s computer. Cookies do not store any specific personal information and most are deleted from the hard drive as soon as the browser session is closed.
Most browsers accept cookies by default and, using security measures, they accept or reject temporary and stored cookies.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the cookies:
- Proprietary cookies: these are sent to the user’s equipment from a computer managed by the website editor itself and used by the user to provide the requested service.
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are sent to the user’s equipment from a computer that is managed by someone other than the publisher. The person who manages the equipment also deals with the processing of cookies obtained through cookies.
Depending on the time it is activated for:
- Session Cookies: this type of cookie is designed so that data is collected and stored as soon as the user enters a web page.
- Permanent Cookies: the data collected by these cookies is stored in the terminal for a certain time, and during that time the person who deals with cookies can obtain and process them.
Depending on the objectives:
- Technical Cookies: these cookies give the user the option to navigate through web pages, platforms or applications and to use the options and services offered by web pages. For example, traffic control and data communication, identifying the session, entering limited entry spaces, remembering the elements of a request, making requests to register or take part in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content to broadcast videos and sounds or share content through social networks.
- Custom cookies: these cookies give the user the option to enter into a service with characteristics that have previously been defined at their own terminal. For instance, language specifications, the type of browser used to enter the service, the design of the selected content, the geolocation of the terminal and configuration of the area to enter the service, etc.
- Analytics Cookies: these cookies give sites the option to monitor and analyze user behavior on websites. The information collected by these cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms, and also to prepare browsing profiles for those users, to make improvements to the service by seeing how they use it.
- Advertising Cookies: these cookies provide the option of effectively managing the advertising spaces on a website or application. These are based on several criteria, such as the edited content and the frequency in which the ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: these cookies provide the option of effectively managing advertising spaces introduced on a website or application. Through observation, these cookies store information about user behavior to later develop a specific user profile and to show one type of advertising or another according to that profile.
What cookies does this website store?
Following the most important guidelines of the Spanish Data Protection Agency, here is a list of the cookies used by this site:
- Analytics Cookies: these cookies give sites the option to monitor and analyze user behavior on websites. The information collected by these cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms, and also to prepare browsing profiles for those users, to make improvements to the service by seeing how they use it..
|_pk_ref||Matomo||Webgunearen erabilera estatistikoki neurtu ahal izateko|
|_pk_cvar||Matomo||Webgunearen erabilera estatistikoki neurtu ahal izateko|
|_pk_id||Matomo||Webgunearen erabilera estatistikoki neurtu ahal izateko|
|_pk_ses||Matomo||Webgunearen erabilera estatistikoki neurtu ahal izateko|
Cookie configuration and disabling
We inform you that it is possible to configure the browser to reject or accept cookies or close the browser, equipment or device so that the cookies are deleted later.
Cookies are configured in this way in the main browsers:
- Google Chrome>Configuration>Show advanced options>Privacy>Content Settings>Cookies
- Firefox>Tools>Options>Privacy>History>Custom settings.
- Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options >Privacy>Advanced.
Furthermore, it must be taken into account that if the contents of the website in question are shared with friends through social networks (Facebook and Twitter), cookies from those websites could also be acquired. We cannot control the setting of third-party cookies, so we recommend checking those third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
If material changes are made, users will be notified via the website.